Thursday, September 27, 2007

Java Education and Development Initiative (JEDI)

JEDI is a project of Sun Microsystems, Inc through the Java Research and Development Center of the University of the Philippines. Its partnership with the Philippine Society of IT Educators (PSITE) was launched way back in February 2005 during the PSITE National Conference in Cagayan de Oro City. I was there during its launching.

Ateneo de Zamboanga University is one of the JEDI School members. As a member school, we have access to JEDI course materials, faculty training, online community, software and other development tools to mention some benefits.

Teachers of our department have joined the JEDI Phase I and II Training. In Phase II, I was one of the participants of the Software Engineering Course held in Dipolog City last May 2007.

I am using the JEDI course materials for my classes. I share this with my students so I need spend much time to prepare for my classes. Just review and practice some codes then I am ready for my class!

JEDI is such a help to the academic community. For more information, please visit http://jedi.upcompsci.net/


Be a JEDI SCHOOL!!! Join now!

No comments: